As I said last week, heat styling tools can have a drastic impact on the health and strength of your hair. Here are some tips to improve your hair's strength and elasticity.
1. Eat foods rich in protein. Fish such as tuna and salmon are phenomenal for both hair and skin. If you cannot incorporate a significant amount of fish in your diet on a weekly basis take fish oil supplements. Other important vitamins needed to make hair stronger include Vitamin A (spinach, carrots), Niacin (poultry), Vitamin C (citrus fruits, tomatoes) , Vitamin E (nuts, leafy vegetables).
2. Shampoo your hair no more than three days a week especially for those of you with curly hair. Over-shampooing can lead to dryness and an itchy scalp.
3. Try to avoid using hot, steaming water while in the shower. The hot temperature dies out hair.
4. Avoid sleeping on a wet head. This can lead to more breakage and unfortunate split ends.
5. Get your hair trimmed every 2-3 months, depending on the amount of visible split ends.
6. Don't brush your hair when it is wet, simply use your hands if necessary. Hair is in its weakest form when wet.
Hope these tips help!
By Taylor Fountain
Public Relations Manager